Creamy Avocado Potato Salad
This recipe was a huge hit at our August Garden Tour Barbecue! The recipe for this delicious potato salad is originally from the cookbook Oh She Glows. It can also be found online at the following site:
Serves 3, prep time: 25 minutes, cook time: 30-35 minutes.
-1 1/2 to 2 pounds yellow potatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
-3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon fine-grain seat salt
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1 bunch asparagus, woody ends broken off, stalks chopped into 1-inch pieces
-1/2 cup chopped green onions
For the dressing:
-1/2 cup avocado
-2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
-4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
-1 green onion, roughly chopped
-1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt, or to taste, plus more for serving
-Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Spread the potatoes in an even layer on one of the prepared baking sheets and drizzle them with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the asparagus on the second baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
3. Roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, flip them, and roast for 15 to 20 minutes more, until golden and fork tender. During the last 15 minutes of roasting the potatoes, place the asparagus in the oven and roast for 9 to 12 minutes, until tender. Transfer the roasted potatoes and asparagus to a large bowl and stir in the green onions.
4. Make the Dressing: In a mini food processor, combine the avocado, dill, lemon juice, green onion, salt, pepper, to taste, and 1/4 cup water and process until smooth.
5. Add the dressing to the bowl with the potatoes and asparagus and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. The salad is also good chilled and will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a couple of days.